Global travelers often rave about the beauty of Scandinavia, and if you want to experience the best slice of it, you should definitely make time for Copenhagen. The Danish capital has everything that a person can have on his/her bucket list – castles, museums, pedestrian malls, high-street shopping, amusement parks, beaches and a cuisine worth exploring. All you have to do is book one of the hotel apartments Copenhagen for your stay and enjoy for a couple of days. Since there is a long list of to-dos and must-sees in the Danish capital, we bring a list that will sort the best options.
- Tivoli Gardens. You cannot come to Copenhagen and not visit this iconic amusement park, which happens to be one of the oldest in the world. There are all sorts of rides and fun things here, and you can spend a day entirely enjoying the entertainment elements, including fireworks on Fridays.
- Papirøen (Paper Island). If you are foodie and don’t want to spend huge on fancy restaurants, we recommend that you head to Papirøen (Paper Island), which has nice stalls, and you can find almost anything. The good news is the local restaurants in Copenhagen mostly use fresh, organic produce, so everything tastes awesome.
- Bike rentals. Cycling is highly encouraged in the Danish capital, and renting bike is always cheaper than cabs. You will find dedicated lanes, and the locals rely on this mode of communication most of the time. The experience is unlike any other city in Scandinavia, although be ready to rush!
- Rosenborg Castle. Denmark is known for its castles, and it is important to visit at least one on your trip. Make time for Rosenborg Castle, which offers a deep insight into the history of the country and you will love the artistic beauty of it. The architecture is worth admiring for sure.
- Boat tours. Everyone will tell you to visit the iconic Nyhavn harbor area and take photos, but close to this, you can also find organized boat tours. Waterways in Copenhagen allow a better look at the city, and you can even get close to the Little Mermaid statue, although you may get better photos from the land.
If you are planning to stay for longer, make sure that your stay is confirmed. Some of the best hotel apartments are located in Østerbro, from where you are pretty close to most of the attractions and can use public transport as required.